The Social Welfare and Community Development Department works in partnership with individuals, families, groups and communities to improve their social well-being through their active participation in promoting development with equity.
To take the lead in integrating the disadvantaged, vulnerable and excluded into the mainstream of development.
- To integrate the vulnerable, persons with disability, the excluded and disadvantaged into the mainstream of society.
- To reduce extreme poverty and enhance the potential of the poor to contribute to National Development.
- To protect and promote the right of children against harm and abuse.
AREAS OF OPERATION
- CASE WORK
- Child Non- Maintenance Cases
Ii. Child Custody Cases/ Access
Iii. Child Paternity Cases
Iv. Child and Family Welfare Cases
- Supervision and Registration of Day Care Centres
- Supervision of Children’s Residential Homes
- Registration and Supervision of Non-Governmental Organizations
- Registration and Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, (PWDs)
- Supervision of Leap Payment
- Justice Administration, (Court Work)
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Community Engagement
- Mass Meetings /Education
- Youth Sensitization
- Skills training
- Home Science Extension
COLLABORATING AGENCIES/ STAKE HOLDERS
Court, (Family Tribunal)
Ghana Police Service
Ghana Federation of Persons with Disabilities, (GFD)
National Health Insurance Authority
Contact Number for Social Welfare: 0203268761 / 0558233448